Technical Account Manager, Programmatic
Revenue Operations / New York, NY, United States
Flipboard gives people a single place to stay informed and get inspired to pursue their passions. With more than 100 million readers every month, Flipboard is used by people around the world to read leading publications, blogs and industry news as well as to collect stories, images, and videos into their own Flipboard Magazines to share ideas with others or simply express their perspectives.
Due to the growth of this business, we are looking for a Technical Account Manager (aka Programmatic Specialist) to join the team. This individual will possess technical knowledge as well as the ability to interface with external advertising clients.
- Supporting Sales team by generating & supplying dealIDs for PMP programs
- Identifying & resolving technical issues
- Project management of vendor platform integrations in partnership with Ad Product team and Programmatic Operations Manager
- Assisting in regular trainings with sales managers and account management on: new ad features, vendor partners, and programmatic best practices
- Building / maintaining the internal AdTech knowledge base
- Documentation of new processes, streamlining of existing processes
- Monitoring and managing ad quality from 3rd parties
- Monitoring of deals’ KPIs (CTR, VCR, STR) & optimization recommendations
- Identifying open exchange buyers for prospecting purposes — surfacing to sales team
Required Technical Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- 3-5 years of total digital media experience
- 2+ years in Programmatic, Technical Account Management or Technical Operations
- Intimate working knowledge of Google Ad Manager
- Experience working with video ads and the IAB VAST 2/3/4 specifications
- Experience working with rich media mobile ads (MRAID)
- Working knowledge of RTB platforms specifically: Google Ad Manager, Rubicon, TripleLift, SpotX, Amazon A9/TAM
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills (position has exposure to variety of groups: clients, sales, account management, product & engineering) Experience working at a mobile app-based company, or with mobile app inventory (preferred)
- Experience working with major DSPs Google’s DV 360, Trade Desk, Adobe, OATH by Verizon, MediaMath (preferred)
- Familiarity with DMPs (ORACLE data cloud a plus) and advanced targeting / segmenting (preferred)
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur CEO Mike McCue, and President/COO Kal Amin, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We want an environment and culture where a variety of voices and perspectives are both encouraged and heard. Our belief is that employees from various backgrounds and experiences can help us fulfill our mission of truly “Inspiring and Informing” the world. We believe that leveraging this diversity will lead us to create better products and services for all of our key constituents on the platform.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.